Before I make myself sit here and think of my goals for 2014 I’m going to force myself to think of all that occurred in my 2013.
- Probably the biggest thing is my sister Shelly having a baby and me being there for everything in the hospital. That’s a major first for me and a major first in that I’m learning how to deal with babies which I’ve never been very good at.
- I started a cookie business without really thinking much about it or meaning to.
- Half of my department at work (that’s 2 people) didn’t come back this year and neither did my old boss as he retired.
- My aunt moved in with me for about 6 months during which time she slowly started driving me insane and during which I ate copious amounts of chocolate.
- I began to hate my new boss. I began to resent my school administrators for not caring how much work they dumped on me.
- I exercised less than I have in probably two years.
- I gained about 15 lbs.
- I relapsed on a lot of bad habits.
All in all, 2013 could have been better but it could have been much worse. What I really want to focus on this year is getting back to a healthy weight, exercising on a regular basis, and finding some time to be present in my life.
Getting back to a healthy weight means a change in a couple areas of my life. For one, I need to start exercising again and this means finally throwing in the towel on the whole running thing. My body just isn’t the same since the accident. I cannot seem to get back into it without a bunch of aches and pains which just make me take days off. Walking and cycling will be my new things. Once I start exercising, I typically start eating better (why oh why are they sooooo closely linked?). I need to be mindful of what I put into my body. It’s no coincidence that I feel like crap all of the time when I’m eating crap all of the time. Balance. I need to be sure I take some time for ME and actually do something which betters ME.
I started this paragraph thinking I had something else in my list but I guess I don’t. Taking care of my body pretty much encompasses everything I feel the worst about right now. Must fix!
What about you? What are your goals for the new year?